Medicine Sweat Lodges
with Earth Medicine Teachings
By LaKota OneHeart “Buffalo Woman Comes Running”
The teachings begin at 9 AM
A Prayer Lodge will follow the Teaching, and a pot-luck meal will follow the Lodge.
Although a Medicine Prayer Lodge requires the same preparations as a regular Prayer Lodge, it is longer, much more intense, and can be extremely insightful and healing. Medicine Prayer Lodges are for adults only.
Items to bring:
- Clothing for the sweat (women traditionally wear long skirts with modest tops such as t-shirts, men can wear sarongs or shorts)
- Change of clothes for afterwards
- Plastic bag for wet clothing
- Blanket or coat to wrap up in after Lodge (if it is cool)
- A pot luck dish to share for the feast afterwards
- Any items you wish to place on the altar to be blessed during the Lodge
- A gallon of spring or distilled water
Any gifts you wish to bring to the Lodge leader such as tobacco or sage (optional, your choice).
At Wellspring, in Carrsville, VA, contact: 757-287-1056 or firstname.lastname@example.org